State Street AIS Fund Accountant, Associate 2 in Singapore
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
This position is within the Private Equity Fund Services business unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group.
The Associates will need to interact with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. Responsible to direct the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial work papers including portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Prepare capital calls and distributions, including notices and release merged documents.
- Prepare periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries.
- Prepare quarterly management fee calculations.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Prepare various client related correspondence.
- Work with database team regarding client deliverables such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices.
- Coordination of annual audit with external accounting firms.
- Prepare waterfall and capital account allocations.
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel.
- Manage internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met.
- Manage client expectations with both designated client contacts and fund investors.
- Participate in ad-hoc project as required.
Candidate must have a college degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 3 - 5 years of accounting experience. Specific experience in the private equity/real estate industry is a plus, but not required. Strong computer skills are required, especially Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.
State Street Job ID: 165694
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: AIS Fund Accountant, Associate 2
Job ID: 165694
Full/Part Time: Full FTE