Google Business Development Manager, Communications Products and Services, Asia in Singapore
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
Messaging holds a central place in our lives, whether it’s coordinating a meet-up, sharing photos with friends, or sending thoughts to a loved one. RCS (Rich Communications Services) messaging is designed to upgrade mobile networks beyond texting (SMS), while enabling users to natively use features they have come to love through OTT apps such as sharing high resolution photos and larger files, chatting with a group, knowing when messages are read, or making video calls. Google is working with the largest mobile carriers in the world to provide both an awesome Android experience and SMS scalability through these partnerships. However, RCS brings an added dimension of complexity to this, having not only to serve mobile messaging users but also mobile carriers and OEMs who are key industry partners.
The Communications Business Development team develops and manages these industry partner relationships with mobile carriers, device manufacturers, software developers and application providers, content creators and a wide range of technology partners such as BOT builders. You will work with a great team to build what will become the next messaging global platform.
Google’s Global Partnerships team works with a wide range of partners to bring the best of Google to power their business. The team partners with Publishers and App Developers of all sizes to promote their ad inventory, working with Google's broad range of partner solutions including AdSense, DoubleClick Platform Solutions and the Ad Exchange, across mobile, display, and video formats, helping our partners and their audiences get the most out of the web. In addition, the Partnerships team supports Google’s own product teams with essential partnerships to help power Google’s user experiences in search, maps, travel, shopping, payments and more.
- Build strategic plans for newly developing products/features and identify relevant partners in different functional areas and different regions.
- Work with senior leaders and operating teams internally across Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, UX, Legal, Finance, and Partnerships for related product areas.
- Manage and develop strategic technology partnerships in the Asia-Pacific region with various mobile operators, device manufacturers, developers and application providers for several of our communications products.
- Campaign for the opportunity for RCS and messaging as a platform.
- Lead the discussion and execution of term sheets/contracts with external partners.
- 6 years of experience in the field of communications technologies.
- Experience negotiating complex deals with telco partners.
- Experience in business development and relationship management.
- Significant experience dealing with telco partners, a deep understanding of their business model and ability to build business cases.
- Knowledge of communications technologies, products and services (e.g. voice and messaging technologies, IMS, devices and device architecture, mobile networks, communications platforms, embedded services and platform development).
- Able to analyze and structure complex negotiations with a proven track record of negotiation and execution. Comfortable balancing multiple deals, understanding carrier strategies and goals and building and executing go to market strategies.
- Extensive track record of successful partner development and management.
- Demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration. Independent thinker, self-motivated and self-directed able to quickly learn new areas.
- Strong commercial and technical acumen, along with analytical, sales, business development, relationship-building and relationship management skills. Effective at communicating with both business and technical leaders at the C-Level.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.