Google Commercial Regional Counsel, Southeast Asia and India in Singapore
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
As a Commercial Regional Counsel in the Southeast Asia and India Partnerships legal team, you will be a legal partner supporting Google’s diverse business in a fast growing region. Your focus will be on commercial matters, and you'll ensure that all appropriate contractual requirements are being met to support the velocity of the business. The role requires strong organizational and problem solving skills, the ability to work independently with limited supervision, strong communication skills, and an ability to continually improve the efficiency of contracts related processes.
You are an outstanding lawyer who thinks creatively and strategically and you enjoy rolling up your sleeves to handle complex issues, but at the same time are eager to pitch in where needed to assist our rapidly growing businesses. You will have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Work directly with internal and external parties to understand, consult, draft and process commercial and other legal matters. Communicate effectively with English speaking clients.
- Advise management and cross-functional project teams in Asia Pacific and the USA with regard to potential legal complications; ensure compliance with applicable laws across all aspects of Google’s operations in region.
- Assist business teams in articulating and obtaining approvals for contract changes, incorporating standard positions and non-standard consulted terms. Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal and approval processes.
- Develop, educate and communicate policies and processes to internal and external clients. Manage internal training programs and support internal information resources.
- Work with legal team members to assist with and gain exposure to more complex deals.
- BA/BS degree in Law, Juris Doctor, comparable law degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in a relevant role.
- Qualification to practice law in Singapore, India or another relevant jurisdiction.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience with a multinational corporation within the advertising, finance, intellectual property, media and/or technology related areas.
- Experience in cross-border transactions and/or agreements in Southeast or South Asia.
- Knowledge of contract law and knowledge of commercial arrangements.
- Ability to work on a broad variety of matters, from complex to routine.
- Excellent analytical, organization, consultation and contract drafting skills, with exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.