Google Controller, APAC in Singapore
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports -- and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance and Asia-Pacific and Latin America (APLA) Controller, you will be responsible for accounting and financial compliance for our Ads business in the APAC region. Managing a diverse team of Googlers and other outsourced operations across multi-jurisdictional locations, you will ensure compliance with all local statutory accounting, and regulatory and taxation standards through the maintenance and implementation of controls and procedures.
In addition to the technical requirements of the role, you will work collaboratively with the rest of senior finance and country management as a business partner while fostering strong growth and development of your team. Through ensuring solid foundations and infrastructure, you will enable the long-term growth and success of the business in the region.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Lead a high performing country controllership function across APAC to ensure the accuracy and integrity of Google’s local and consolidated accounting records and financial systems.
- Design and maintain an effective internal control environment, including ensuring accuracy of financial accounts and information related to the country/product/business area.
- Collaborate with external auditors during quarterly reviews and year-end audits. Partner with Tax, Accounting, Legal, various technical teams and external advisors to prepare financial, structural and investment recommendations.
- Partner with regional teams to understand industry, product, and business-related trends that pose potential financial, operational or reputational risk to Google.
- Manage accounting, internal and external reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, as well as significantly support global tax and treasury functions. Build robust relationships with key stakeholders and advise partners on developments in accounting and financial reporting, related firm policies and the external regulatory environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Economics or similar discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- CPA or ACCA qualification.
- 20 years of relevant and progressive finance experience from public accounting and/or a public multinational company where you have managed a large team for the last 7 years.
- Experience working within GAAP and IFRS accounting principles, as well as SEC reporting regulations.
- High level of technical competency and familiarity with the accounting and tax requirements in the APAC region.
- Ability to excel, adapt and lead in a fast-changing, cross-functional environment.
- Collaborative working style. Excellent interpersonal skills, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to effectively manage and develop people.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively at executive level.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.