Google Customer Engineer, Google Cloud in Singapore
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Google Cloud Customer Engineer, you assist fellow Sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the Product Marketing Management and Engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Your previous experience with cloud platform and infrastructure products, search products, content/document management repository systems and SQL-based relational databases will be on display as you engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements. You'll have excellent presentation skills and the ability to persuasively present Google's product offering.
In this role, you'll work closely with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud Platform to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners to understand the power of Google Cloud Platform, explaining technical features and problem-solving key technical issues.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities and identify key customer technical objections. Develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments.
- Be responsible for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work with Google's Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing “best practice” advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies.
- Experience architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience in data and information management, especially as it relates to Big Data trends and issues within businesses. Experience using and/or managing databases. Understanding of Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, SparkSQL, BigQuery.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT Technology space.
- Effective presentation skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.