Google Data Center Facilities Manager in Singapore
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
As a master of of best-in-class practices, you develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Provide technical input in the planning, design and development of all electrical and mechanical facilities equipment.
- Ensure that facilities issues are identified and repaired quickly.
- Mentor and develop the skills of an internal team to scale in support of facilities equipment.
- Work towards continual improvement in operation and maintenance efficiencies, and travel to other regions to facilitate projects.
- Lead a team of skilled electrical and mechanical technicians.
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical/Marine/Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in management of vendors/contractors performing installation, maintenance or upgrade work in data center or critical facilities.
- 6 years of relevant experience, including experience in planning, creating and implementing complex control system designs for large data center installations, including negotiations or technical interactions with equipment providers.
- Experience as a Marine Chief Engineer or Facilities Manager of Critical Facilities/Data Center.
- Experience in motivating, leading and creating an effective team environment.
- Experience in electrical and mechanical systems, cooling principles and specialized in generators, power electronics, chillers and pumps.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.