Google Data Center Operations Plant Engineer in Singapore
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
As a master of of best-in-class practices, you develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
As a Data Center Operations Plant Engineer, you are a leader of excellent environmental practices. The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated and efficient electrical and HVAC systems — using 50% less energy than most data centers around the world. Our engineers are continually seeking different approaches to reducing operational costs while improving efficiencies through the operation and maintenance of water pumps and treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems.
You are an engineer and a technology enthusiast who not only enjoys being challenged by problems of scale and complexity but also has a strong desire to make services better for users while doing better for the environment.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Provide effective shift leadership for successful critical system troubleshooting, unit commissioning, repairs/replacements with little to no supervision in quality, quantity and timeliness as assigned.
- Operate critical plant equipment as authorized by facilities manager.
- Provide coordination/input for global facilities programs such as CMMS, BMS, vibration analysis, training and thermography.
- Respond to critical data center events and alarms in accordance with ERGs and is responsible for being a point of escalation on operational issues.
- Communicate effectively with English-speaking clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- License/certification in one MEP discipline with experience at journeyman level or relevant experience in facilities in a critical environment.
- Direct supervisory/manager experience with an assigned technical team.
- Strong English-language written and oral communications skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.