Google Device Calibration System Engineer, Tango in Singapore
As a Technical Account Manager, you are responsible for providing technical solutions and managing relationships with Google's largest and most strategic online publishers. As a liaison between clients and our technical staff, you flawlessly lead deployments, implementations and integrations of a variety of our product lines (such as Search, Mobile, Video and Commerce). From monitoring product performance to debugging and troubleshooting product code, you are the resident expert that addresses partner needs. You are a technical expert with an entrepreneurial drive and passion for client management.
As a Device Calibration System Engineer, you will be responsible for managing Tango calibration and deploying into various OEM production lines. You will work closely with both internal and external teams. You will also work with third-party partners to define and validate cost reduction solutions that will improve our calibration for future products and help us scale up.
You will be supporting the hardware/software integration, application development, and deployment of Tango’s device calibration protocols on several different Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) high-throughput production lines. You will be the OEM’s point-of-contact for all calibration related concerns and provide feedback to both the OEMs and our team on the software, electrical, and mechanical aspects of Tango’s device calibration production fixtures. You will also manage the day-to-day relationships and define specifications for vendors who will be supporting the development and fabrication of our calibration protocols.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information - hardware. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Be the Tango point of contact for OEM production engineers.
- Deploy Tango device calibration protocols on OEM production lines.
- Manage vendors and define specifications for fabricating calibration test fixtures in Asia.
- Assist in rapid prototyping of new hardware and software concepts for device calibration.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in manufacturing, mechatronics, robotics, or a related space.
- Experience with Linux toolchains and environments (bash scripting, git, make, etc).
- Programming experience in C or C++ .
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience working with electronics manufacturers.
- Hardware or software experience with sensor modules (cameras, IMUs, depth sensors).
- Ability to speak and write in Mandarin and/or Korean fluently and idiomatically.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.