Cisco Director, Corporate Communications, APJ in Singapore
Director, Corporate Communications, APJ
- Location: Singapore
- Area of Interest Marketing and Communications
- Job Type Professional
- Technology Interest *None
- Job Id 1208256
What You'll Do
The Directorof Corporate Communications will act as the lead communication officer for APJbusiness. You will be responsible for developing and driving strategiccommunication programmes that advance Cisco’s reputation throughout the region.In addition to supporting the regional priorities, this person will workclosely with the Global Corporate Communications team to reinforce and executea high-impact communications program that reflects the global objectives.
Working effectively with colleagues, you will:
• Develop internal and external communications solutions aligned to specificbusiness and organisational requirements
• Build and drive an overall communications strategy and serve as spokespersonfor all regional communications activities including Public Relations, AnalystRelations, Social Media and Executive, Internal and Employee Communications
• Manage message consistency, synthesizing information, aligning anddisseminating content through several communication channels
• Serve as a strategic communication advisor to regional president and keybusiness leaders
• Partner with Regional Marketing peers to integrate and align communicationsand marketing strategies
• Manage people and investment priorities across the region while ensuringglobal programs cascade through the region. This includes hiring, employeedevelopment and management, budget allocation, etc.
• Lead regional Crisis/Incident Communications team
• Collaborate with global peers to balance regional and global requirements onbehalf of the communications team
• Provide regional insight into global integrated planning process andproactively contribute local market knowledge to global strategies
Who You'll Work With
Our APJ Corporate Communications team is responsible for delivering significantbusiness value for Cisco in the form of financial performance, customersatisfaction and loyalty, market share, and productivity.
Who You Are
Thesuccessful candidate will:
• Act as a strategic counselor for the regional president and his directleadership team on all communications. He/she will also be able to buildtrusted relationships with peers across the business and the globalcommunications function.
• Have at least 15 years of communications experience in a fast-paced, highgrowth, global organization
• Demonstrate critical thinking and a proven ability to understand andarticulate business strategy and translate this into rigorous communicationsstrategies in order to create influencer (media, industry analysts, employees)engagement and commitment
• Be a strategic thinker, with hands on execution capabilities, havingdemonstrable experience in communications planning, delivery, and ability towork directly with senior executives
• Have experience managing relationships across a global organization and be aneffective contributor in an executive leadership team environment
• Skillful communicator and talented writer, who knows how to craft and deliverkey messages across a variety of audiences using an array of communicationsvehicles
• Excel at building strong interpersonal relationships which foster a truesense of cooperation, camaraderie and trust with people at all levels withinthe company and externally
• Have intellectual agility and ability to think / act under pressure. Experiencemanaging crisis communications effectively and credibly
• International experience essential as this role requires building, leadingand working effectively with virtual and multi-cultural teams
• Excellent written and spoken English is essential, an additional locallanguage is a plus
• Global/Business Acumen and cultural awareness and adaptability
• Technical knowledge of the networking and IT business
• In depth knowledge of the full range of communications channels and platformsincluding social/online communications
• Well-developed consulting, partnering and critical thinking abilities
• Clear understanding of communications metrics and ability to implement
• Strong people and project management
• Strong teamwork, collaboration, presentation, verbal and writtencommunication skills
• Comprehensive budget management experience
• Strategic business planning, positioning and messaging
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovateeverywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smartcities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style withunique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works,lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have afew purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity thatfuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.