RELX Group Journalist in Singapore
ICIS is the world’s largest petrochemical market informationprovider, with fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions. Our aim is to givecompanies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage by delivering trustedpricing data, high-value news, analysis and independent consulting, enablingthem to make better-informed trading and planning decisions.
ICIS is a division under Reed Business Information (RBI), whichin turn is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professionalinformation solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Businesssectors.
MARKETS REPORTER / EDITOR
We are looking for a dedicated and energetic Singapore-basedMarkets Reporter / Editor to join our Asia Pacific editorial team. Theposition would suit experienced individuals with a background in petrochemicalsand/or commodity/markets reporting.
The ability to work under pressure tomeet tight deadlines including being good at multi-tasking is essential, as isthe willingness to take on responsibility from an early stage.
• Price reporting onweekly and/or daily chemical markets
• Deliver news coverageof assigned markets
• Fact checking &strict adherence to ICIS methodologies
• To be at the forefrontof market developments and trends and ensure the ICIS content remains relevantto our subscribers. This includes timely delivery of pricing and newsinformation, updating methodologies and plant information, launching newreports/quotes and other initiatives such as contributing to free content onICIS websites
• Market engagement – deliveringmarket presentations at key conferences and/or during client visits.
Key Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree(preferably in Journalism, Business / Economics or Chemical Engineering)
• Highly Motivated,Articulate and Numerate
• Analytical andProcess-driven
• Outgoing with excellentinter-personal skills
• Ability andperseverance to build contacts and pursue leads
• Fluency in writtenand spoken English