RELX Group Markets Editor - ICIS - Singapore in Singapore
Markets Editor - ICIS - Singapore
ICIS is the world’s largest petrochemical market information provider, with fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions. Our aim is to give companies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage by delivering trusted pricing data, high-value news, analysis and independent consulting, enabling them to make better-informed trading and planning decisions.
ICIS is a division under Reed Business Information (RBI), which in turn is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
MARKETS EDITOR/SENIOR EDITOR
We are looking for a dedicated and energetic Singapore-based Markets Editor/Senior Editor to join our Asia Pacific editorial team. The position would suit experienced individuals with a background in petrochemicals and/or commodity/markets reporting.
The ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines including being good at multi-tasking is essential, as is the willingness to take on responsibility from an early stage.
• Price reporting on weekly and/or daily chemical markets
• Deliver news coverage of assigned markets
• Fact checking & strict adherence to ICIS methodologies
• To be at the forefront of market developments and trends and ensure the ICIS content remains relevant to our subscribers. This includes timely delivery of pricing and news information, updating methodologies and plant information, launching new reports/quotes and other initiatives such as contributing to free content on ICIS websites
• Market engagement – delivering market presentations at key conferences and/or during client visits
• In addition to the above tasks, the role of Senior Editor would also incorporate providing managerial support through mentoring junior staff
Key Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Journalism, Business / Economics or Chemical Engineering)
• Highly Motivated, Articulate and Numerate
• Analytical and Process-driven
• Outgoing with Excellent inter-personal skills
• Ability and perseverance to build contacts and pursue leads
• Fluency in written and spoken English plus at least one other Asian language would be an additional asset