Google Operations Specialist, Google People Services in Singapore
The Google People Services, Operations function is the services and program management group within People Operations that makes HR stuff easy and intuitive for Googlers. Our global team optimizes people processes, from problem definition to execution. We partner with teams across People Operations and in engineering to bring innovation and technology to the way we attract, retain and grow Googlers worldwide. We focus on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Googlers, and work in Google’s fast-paced environment to deliver 100+ operational services, manage the contingent workforce and implement HR programs across 70+ countries. Regardless of location or level of experience, members of the Operations team have the opportunity to create, develop and implement some of the most complex global operations around the world.
As an Operations Specialist, you will have ownership of one or more Google People Services processes and will be responsible for operating it reliably, and looking for continuous improvements. You will perform core work (inquiry response, data entry and reporting, data audits, etc.), problem solve for special cases, manage initiatives to improve existing processes/systems and roll out new processes. Responsibilities may include management of other stakeholders involved, such as vendors or other program partners.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to get a broad overview of People Operations at Google. You will have the opportunity to learn about a variety of People Operations processes and to interact with stakeholders in different teams within APAC and globally. In addition, you will acquire skills in the areas of project/program management, process improvement, metrics and measurements, and vendor management.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Manage Google People Services processes and assume responsibility for operating reliably, and for continuous improvements.
- Improve processes, including identification of problems and opportunities for enhancement of process parameters (quality, error rates, turn-around time, customer satisfaction, etc.).
- Operate a process of highly-reliable data entry around employee information, customer-friendly resolution of user inquiries, questions and issues
- Define, collect and analyze process metrics.
- BS/BA degree in mathematics, economics, statistics, finance or another field that uses quantitative analysis, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using SQL, Python or other data or scripting language.
- Experience in contributing to project plans, collaborating on projects involving multiple teams and managing ongoing relationships with partners, or in process design and improvement.
- Experience in measurements and analytics suggesting user-focused improvements, and navigating/influencing cross-functional teams to drive changes.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with time-management skills.
- High level of creativity, perseverance and openness to change.
- Excellent relationship management skills, welcoming and helpful.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.