Dell Presales Sr. Manager - Channels (17000T4G) in Singapore
Presales Sr. Manager - Channels (17000T4G)
Job ID R05663
Date posted 10/09/2017
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
PSEs are a critical component of the EMC Channel Organization. The PSE are Technical generalists & portfolio architect for partners. Working with the Channel Sales team, they train and enable Partners to be independent as they position, sell and compete with DELL EMC products, solutions and services to their customer base. PSEs develop deep relationships with Partners and their presales technical engineers to create and expand DELL EMC mindshare. They influence and drive Partners to propose solutions for all DELL EMC related opportunities within their customer base. PSEs coach and mentor Partners in sales techniques and strategies to drive sales and accelerate their independence. They are the DELL EMC evangelists and lead our partners in our customers journey to Cloud.
PSE Manager, manages all activities of the PSE resources for the territory. In conjunction with sales management develops strategies to direct resources towards the strategic partners identified by Channel Team. As a business partner with sales management, manages the organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and alignment of all technical resources with clear divisional revenue goals. Provides advice and counsel to sales management in the effective use and deployment of PSE resources. Must maintain close alignment with Sales, Specialty business units management and other management functions. Effectively articulates externally and internally the go to market strategy and vision.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing appropriate enablement plans for focused partners.
- Responsible for directing and helping PSEs for end-customer engagements to secure technical win for partner.
- Uses knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales and technical organizations to propose the most optimal go to market plan for the partner community thereby allowing the partners to effectively address and dispel customer objections to the proposed solution(s)
- Develops business networks across the organization and partners base in support of channel team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate
- Executes programs for the Presales community. Drives innovation and change in the team with new programs.
- Continually reviews partner account plans & strategies and ensures alignment with the overall DELL EMC Channel organization strategy. Ensure Presales help to build the overall account plan and work as part of the sales planning process.
- Attracts, retains and recruits high performing employees. Manages team engagement and motivation.
- Manages the Presales resource plan for the assigned territory.
- Ensures ongoing team development and maintains individual development plans (IDP) for direct reports
- Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications. Maintains strong understanding of the competitive landscape within the respective territory
- Typically responsible for a several districts or large area
- DELL, EMC, VMWare Proven Professional Certification desired. Maintains ongoing DELL EMC & VMware certifications, skills and knowledge.
- Previous experience within a Presales management role
- Previous experience within Channel management role
- Ability to drive customer solution conversations
- Ability to manage in a matrix environment
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a Presales workgroup
- Strong presentation skills
- Customer and Partner focused, results driven
- Strong cloud and virtualization experience
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments
- EMC product knowledge and experience highly desirable