Google Product Manager, ARCore (Augmented Reality) in Singapore
At Google, we put our users first. From innovative software products like Gmail, YouTube, Chrome, Street View to pioneering mobile devices like the Android, we build products that organize the world's information and make it universally accessible to our users. The Product Management team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our customers love. You'll work with Googlers from Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Finance, to name just a few. You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed. As a Product Manager, you will be part of shaping Google's next moonshot.
ARCore is a platform that uses computer vision to give devices the ability to understand their position relative to the world around them. For instance, how eyes navigate, determine location and understand the environment. These physical relationships are an essential part of how we move through our daily lives. We want to give mobile devices this similar kind of understanding. ARCore is a software solution for AR that provides motion tracking, plane finding and light estimation. ARCore runs on a growing number of Android devices such as the Pixel and Galaxy S8. With ARCore, developers can create applications that can explore physical space around the user, including precise navigation without GPS, windows into virtual 3D worlds, measurement of spaces, and games that know where they are in the room and what’s around them.
The Google Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality team is a fast moving group of engineers, designers, and research scientists tasked with building the foundations for great immersive and augmented reality apps and prototyping novel, delightful user experiences. We are focused on making virtual reality accessible to millions of people through mobile devices, and its scope continues to grow and evolve.
- Define and execute the technical product vision and strategy for AR products in APAC.
- Work closely with engineering and business teams at Google to develop our AR offering.
- Work closely with external APAC developers to advocate Google's AR products and create AR content.
- Serve as an AR thought leader within Google.
- Communicate effectively with Asian language speaking clients.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years product management or product design experience.
- Experience with an APAC country's internet industry and product market.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience leading complex strategic and operational initiatives, working through technical, operational, legal/policy and business issue
- Flourish with ambiguity, setting own goals and effectively delivering to them in a very fast-changing environment
- Ability to influence without authority, working with technical and cross-functional teams who do not report into this role to get things done
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (writing PRDs and strategy docs, writing and delivering presentations, including to leadership)
- Ability to read, write and speak an Asian language
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.