Google Program Manager, Technical Event Operations in Singapore
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Program Manager for Technical Event Operations, you will play a critical role in the ongoing support, planning and execution of Google’s highest priority external and internal events. You are a flexible team player with the ability to adapt to a dynamic environment with changing requirements. You have a technical understanding of how Audio Visual systems function, data networks, and understand the fundamentals of event production. You have experience dealing with event organizers, different levels of management and can represent the company in a public environment. You may also be required to travel up to 40%.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: AV Engineers, Networking, Technical Support, Facilities, external vendors, and users to drive all aspects of project and service delivery.
- Use stellar technical judgment and previous operations experience to execute entire project life-cycle: proposal, requirements, project and resource planning, expectation setting, communication, budgets, pilot, build, and closeout.
- Provide technical operations support to deliver successful events both internally and externally at Google i.e in room event support and operating audio visual systems.
- Develop and execute plans under a set of implementation and delivery time constraints.
- Oversee event projects that include design and implementation of high-availability, resilient, audio visual systems, and other IT services by network administrators and other IT engineers.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of related project management work experience managing projects involving multiple stakeholders, resource planning and budgeting/forecasting
- Direct experience in managing live events projects, either in a support or operations function
- Experience with Audio Visual Systems, IT Network Services, Networking hardware and software concepts and their intersection
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting issues for Linux, Mac and Windows desktop environments
- Effortless ability to use cloud-based user productivity systems (Gmail, Hangouts, Drive, Sites, etc.)
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.