Google Regional Counsel (Southeast Asia) in Singapore
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
You are an experienced lawyer who will work as part of the Southeast Asia legal team advising on a wide range of legal matters in Southeast Asia. You are a strong legal generalist, with a solid understanding of intellectual property and Internet law matters, a genuine interest in technology, and prior experience in managing advisory, regulatory and policy in Vietnam. In this role, you'll advise the business on its activities in Vietnam and Southeast Asia, including key legal risks and strategies, and work closely with cross-functional colleagues to roll out new products and manage regulatory and policy.
You will have proven on-the-ground experience in working in the Southeast Asian emerging markets and have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Conduct legal reviews of Google’s product, marketing and business initiatives and work in consultation with Google’s government affairs representatives to provide solution-oriented practical advice to facilitate launches and innovation in Southeast Asia.
- Advise management and cross-functional project teams in Asia Pacific and the USA with regard to potential legal risks in Southeast Asia; ensure compliance with applicable laws across all aspects of Google’s operations in region.
- Respond to a range of legal requests from Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Finance and other functional groups.
- Work with external legal counsel on specific matters ranging from regulatory issues to expert advice requests. Communicate effectively with English speaking clients.
- Liaise with regulators and authorities in Southeast Asia, manage regulatory inquiries and autonomously run matters relating to Google’s products and operations in Southeast Asia. Review proposed legislation and work with our Policy team to advocate for improvements to the proposed laws that will support an open online environment.
- BA/BS degree in Law, Juris Doctor, comparable law field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience as an advisor or regulator, within the intellectual property, media and technology related areas in Vietnam.
- Qualification to practice law in Vietnam.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience working in a multinational corporation.
- Ability to work on a broad variety of matters from complex to routine.
- Excellent analytical, consultation and contract drafting skills; exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.