Google Sales Engineer, Google Cloud Platform (Anvato) in Singapore
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global data center and software products.
As a Google Cloud Platform Sales Engineer for the Anvato solution, you will combine software development, networking, and systems administration experience with an aptitude for technical advising, troubleshooting and analysis. You will work across multiple customer-facing teams to improve the product's vision and to make global businesses and organizations successful. You are a technical solutions expert, helping Googlers and customers approach and resolve technology problems and design Google-scale services.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Diagnose and resolve customer issues for Google Cloud Platform products - specifically the Anvato solution. Engineer and implement new operations, productivity and investigation tools to increase efficiency for Technical Solutions Engineering.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for Product Managers, Software Engineering teams, Sales Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, and Strategic Customer Engineers to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve the overall product.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Google's product technology and underlying hardware and software architectures, to build in-product self-service solutions.
- Work closely with multiple Product Management and Software Engineering teams on understanding ways to improve the product, and interact with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive production excellence.
- Be an advocate for our customers in representing their issues to Product Management and Software Engineering and develop innovative solutions to these issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of industry experience in technical support, professional services, engineering, sustaining engineering or systems engineering.
- Experience with video streaming, content delivery network (CDN), and video architectures.
- Experience with cloud storage solutions, SQL database administration, Google App Engine, cloud networking solutions and/or distributed computing technology.
- Knowledge of compressed and uncompressed digital video and audio standards (H.264 and MPEG-2 technologies).
- Knowledge of Video architecture (RTMP, HTTP, RTSP, origins, cache, CDNs, Video terminology - dynamic ad insertion (DAI), HLS, MPEG-DASH, adaptive bitrate (ABR), bite range requests)
- Demonstrated understanding of web development protocols (i.e. HTML5, AJAX, XML, JSON, RFCs 2109/2965, 1945/2616).
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell. Understanding of system libraries, file systems and client-server protocols.
- Excellent account management, organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.