Google Sales Engineer, Machine Learning (APAC), Google Cloud Platform in Singapore
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud Platform is changing the way the world uses cloud computing by exposing our infrastructure. Working with the Solutions team, you will use your leadership skills and knowledge of product management, industries, software and cloud computing to design solutions and take them to market. You will help drive awareness of our solutions at leading industry conferences and Google events. Your enthusiasm, technical and business depth, and excellent presentation skills will help decision makers understand the benefits of Google Cloud Platform to drive growth and customer success.
In this role, you'll become a trusted advisor to our clients and prospects and an expert advocate for our platform, helping our partners to get as much value out of our platform as possible. You'll provide expert support to Sales Engineers on the most complex and innovative projects, using both technical and business skill sets to lead projects forward as efficiently as possible. We assist our customers in discovering the right technology and the right solutions specific to their needs, consulting on the best way to implement them, optimizing for results when in production, and always ensuring that their success is our priority.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work as part of the sales team to identify and qualify platform opportunities, and determine if Google Cloud Platform is right for them. Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Take responsibility for leading the technical project, including technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments. Travel frequently for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition, using whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution, providing best practice advice to customers on how to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience serving as technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data), as well as cloud market, competitive dynamics and customer buying behavior.
- Experience with the technologies in the machine learning/big data ecosystem.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical technical field.
- Experience writing machine learning code. Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies.
- Ability to advise customers on how to collect data for a given problem, clean it, visualize it, extract features from it and choose the right type of learning algorithm.
- Ability to explain relevant techniques to those who are new to machine learning.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud technology space.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.