Monsanto Senior Legal Counsel in Singapore
· Leading role in drafting, analysing, negotiating, and supporting the successful delivery of complex transactions and contracts in respect of all levels of client engagements ranging from in country contracts to region and/or global master agreements. Developing policies and controls relating to contract management. Review of the terms and conditions for participation in public and private bids.
· Provide strategic and effectively delivers clear legal advice, supporting across teams, functions, and businesses in relation to the interpretation of laws of relevance to the conduct of the business. Expected to act as in-house counsel expert (IP, antitrust, regulatory, etc.) for legal practice area(s) to be defined based on experience and career development.
· Support new business activities and strategies and contribute to effective legally compliant plans to enable profitable growth. Expected to serve as a project or practice area team leader as requested by the Assistant General Counsel or other senior leaders (i.e. APLT) or independently contribute as a senior member of cross-functional teams providing legal counsel to assigned projects and practice areas both regionally or globally as required.
· Provide general legal (FCPA) compliance support and guidance to all of the organisation’s entities and business units across Asia and particularly South-East Asia working closely with both local Business Conduct Coordinators and Global Business Conduct Office across various locations. Handle routine corporate FCPA matters. Expected to develop strategies and measure to minimize compliance risks, cooperating and liaising with authorities as required. Designing and conducting training for management and in-house business teams on compliance subjects. Steering, controlling, and/or conducting internal investigations of compliance cases and implementation of measures and audit outcomes.
· Take the lead in supporting and providing advice to the organization in relation to the handling of all levels of legal claims and disputes.
· Manage outside counsel to ensure high quality, cost-effective legal support and representation.
· Manage company secretarial support, including internal restructuring and corporate governance projects as needed with particular reference to support for global initiatives.
· Take an active part in the activities underpinning the global objectives of Monsanto’s Legal Community through participation in global and/or cross regional working groups or committees.
· Help to coordinate deployment of programs and address legal issues ensuring the company’s compliance with regulatory and statutory obligations including in particular competition regulations and anti-trust laws.
- Expected to assist in the definition of standards and best practices and to transfer knowledge across organizational boundaries. Also, expected to act as a mentor and/or coach other junior members of the Legal team as well as other business areas and lines of business.
· Relevant law qualifications
· Minimum 6 years’ post-qualification experience, from private practice and/or in-house. Experience working in a multi-national corporation or international law firm will be viewed favorably
· Ethics and compliance expertise, including Sarbanes-Oxley, FCPA, conflicts of interest, import and export law
· Commercial acumen, law experience with a multinational corporation
· Corporate policy development and implementation
· Background in public policy and government relations (preferred)
· Multi-lingual (preferred)
- Internationally or regionally mobile. Travel as necessary within the region or overseas.
Organization: AP Law Asia Pacific, India & China51094557_
Title: Senior Legal Counsel
Location: Asia Pacific-Singapore
Requisition ID: 01HP4
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement