Google Webmaster Outreach Strategist (Indonesian), Trust and Safety in Singapore
Google's brand is only as strong as our users' trust--and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what's best for them. Our Trust and Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google's users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user's point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
As a member of the Trust and Safety Search Outreach team, you will be part of a team of specialists who serve as the face of Google in the Webmaster, Safe Browsing and Search community.
In partnership with our Webspam Engineering, Safe Browsing Engineering and Webmaster Trends Analyst teams, you will be responsible for being the voice of Google Search to webmasters in your market, providing support to Google through various channels. You will work to promote and communicate our educational resources to webmasters through various media, creating and driving technical education and outreach programs in one or multiple markets, with the objectives of improved transparency, greater awareness of Google’s webmaster guidelines, increasing the quality of the content on the Google index and ultimately providing a better search experience for Google users.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google's integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The Trust and Safety team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google's expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry-wide solutions. Trust and Safety team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.
- Identify relevant business goals and operational metrics to make data-driven decisions on direction of communications and social reach efforts. Communicate effectively with English and Indonesian speaking clients.
- Develop team-level marketing and communications strategy and collaborate regionally with cross-functional groups to update policies, fix product loopholes, improve transparency and optimize outreach coverage.
- Program and drive webmaster awareness and education content and campaigns around content quality, website management and website security in the Indonesian ecosystem.
- Manage, maintain and grow key webmaster support and communications channels for Indonesian webmasters in the broader SEA context
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Public Policy or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in one of the following areas: Internet Industry, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Developer Relations, Risk or Fraud Investigation, User Trust.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Indonesian fluently.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Public Policy or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of progressive experience in the field of social media marketing, internet technology, public relations, online search, online community management or related fields.
- Experience in managing multi-language and regional content programs, spanning various media types.
- Experience in writing professional content and technical public speaking, with excellent communication skills.
- Expertise in website management, development, operations and technical infrastructure — technical background, familiarity with Internet infrastructure and understanding the perspective of a webmaster.
- Excellent influencing and consultation skills, with the ability to work effectively cross-functionally.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.