Microsoft Corporation Business Manager in Other, Singapore
Standard Title: Business Manager (Business Applications Domain)
Job Title: Chief of Staff, APJ Business Applications Domain
Location: Singapore, Australia, Japan
The Business Applications Domain Asia Delivery Practice is looking for an experienced and highly dynamic leader to take on a leadership role. This Chief of Staff role reports directly to the APJ Services Business Applications Domain Practice Leader and is the leader for the APJ business plan, rhythm of the business, organizational planning, business reviews, team financials, budget planning, business forecasting and plays a key role in executive communications and WHI initiatives. Bringing broad and deep business acumen, sound decision-making and operational excellence to bear is essential in this role. These capabilities are key for the organization to execute effectively and efficiently to deliver on strategy, core priorities and fiscal targets as measured by business satisfaction and a healthy scorecard.
This position requires strong cross-group coordination and the ability to manage high impact work on short deadlines.
· Strategic Planning & Financial Execution: Orchestrate the process of creating the business strategy with the Asia Leadership Team. Organize and drive strategy, business and financial planning, organizational priorities, related team activities and related internal communications (e.g. MYR, Business/Strategy reviews, LT/BM meetings. FY budget planning and forecast execution). Track progress against org priorities, decisions, and action plans. The chief of staff role will also lead the 3- year APJ growth plans and will lead WW/TZ high impact strategic initiatives as well as the coordination across Domains, APJ time zone and WW Services.
· Organization Business Results & ROB: Orchestrate process for collaboration and driving efficiencies to achieve business results. Create and execute the ROB - driving decision making, continual awareness of critical issues and business results in partnership with Delivery Leaders, Offerings/Go-To-Market, Finance, HR - through a well-organized and productive series of meetings and reviews. Manage the APJ Business Domain Scorecard development, evolution and execution across our geographies.
· Stakeholder Relationships and escalation management: Able to represent the APJ Business Applications Domain practice to WW/TZ executive stakeholders, orchestrate approach and process for strategically managing LT key stakeholder relationships. Help identify org stakeholders and enable LT to manage relationships. Executive maturity to manage SLT as well as customer escalations on all aspects of the business. Direct involvement with customers when necessary to provide executive support on key engagements and business development opportunities.
· Leader Support: Develop and execute the Asia Field and Internal engagement plan - developing a rhythm of internal org/field/customer visits and calls, preparing clear agendas and briefing materials and ensuring that follow-up actions are documented, completed and results recorded. Collect background information, intelligence, supporting data, package them and present to leader to maximize his/her impact at internal/external engagements.
• Independent strategic thinker about business issues and organizational strategy
• Creative thinker who can see ‘the big picture’ and unite new and disparate ideas with practical plans, working comfortably in the face of ambiguity while driving persistently towards success
• Demonstrated excellent analytical, problem resolution and decision-making skills
• Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend and maintain senior management relationships
• Superior judgment, team building, budgeting, presentation skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
• Strong oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Presentation-building skills
• Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to deal with ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment
• Strong program and project management and negotiation skills while working within established business priorities and constraints
• Demonstrated capability in managing large, global, complex projects
• Ability to deal with conflict and multiple constituencies and manage multiple simultaneous objectives
• Extremely organized and process focused. Ability to clearly prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks and projects in parallel and effectively achieve results through a largely indirect group of internal MS partners.
• Strong cross-group collaboration skills and ability to have impact through influence
• Strong knowledge of how Microsoft does business in the field and with partners
• 10+ years of experience in Microsoft SMSG field sales organization and/or Services
• A good combination of forecasting/P&L experience in Business Management roles, Sales Excellence roles and Offerings/Delivery Management roles is preferred
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills. Addition of Mandarin and/or Japanese language proficiency will be a strong plus
• MBA or advanced technology degree
• Position requires frequent travel, up to 50% of time.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.