Hilton Accounts Officer in Singapore, Singapore
An Accounts Officer will maintain effective controls over the reporting of Income Audit and Cashiering functions in accordance with objectives set by the Director of Finance and in line with the highest standards of the Company.
What will I be doing?
- Ensures that all hotel, company rules, local and international laws, SOX, P&Ps, SOPs and regulations are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information
- Maximizes productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the departmental goals of the business.
- In the absence of the direct superior, ensures the smooth operation of the Income Audit section and all assigned policies and procedures are followed
- Perform checking on daily income ensuring revenue from all streams is completely and accurately recorded including discounts, team member entertainment, void check, allowances, paid-out and etc.
- Perform revenue reconciliation and revenue related reports
- Perform surprise cash count and investigate cash overage and shortage
- Perform credit card reconciliation and credit card refund audit
- Maintain team member discount and signature list
- Prepares journal entries as assigned
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliation as assigned
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Actively supports superior to ensure queries and issues are addressed in a responsive manner
- Identifies own training needs and develops training plans to ensure continuous development of assigned area and related sections. Minimise skill gaps and follows up monthly to ensure such plans are followed
- Ensures PDR’s, PDP’s, Induction Plans and trainings are completed timely and in a satisfactory manner
- Contributes, provides supports and communicates updates to the GTMS action plan
- Lives with Hilton’s core values at all time- Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership and Now
What are we looking for?
An Accounts Officer serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Relevant degree, in Finance, Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Previous experience in similar role
- Commitment to accuracy and detail
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to proactively identify and prevent potential challenges
- Multi-tasking and well-organized
- Persistent and good in following up outstanding matters
- Ability to analyze, understand and make use of financial data and reports as assigned
- Ability to take initiative, identify and priorities to achieve strategic goals
- Ability to embrace change, resolve conflicts and develop collaboration
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to advocate and implement professional development for him/herself
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel- Pivot Table, VLOOKUP and etc.
- Detailed knowledge of all assigned SOX, GPI’s, SOP’s, best practices,Segregation of Duty Matrix
- Detailed knowledge of assigned P&L and balance sheet accounts
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience working within the hospitality industry
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Accounts Officer
Requisition ID: HOT04Y6L