SAP Business Innovation Architect - APJ Job in Singapore, Singapore
Requisition ID: 175891
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Business Innovation Architect
PURPOSE & OBJECTIVE
The Business Innovation Architects group under the APJ Innovation Office aims to bring industry-leading SAP capabilities and products together to provide the industry’s only Digital Business System - built to not only drive innovation as companies explore digital transformation, but to scale that innovation and allow businesses to truly transform. We work to enable companies to both rapidly innovate and seamlessly scale innovations that can transform them into digital companies, leveraging the following key elements:
Innovation: New capabilities in areas such as Blockchain, Machine Learning, IoT, Big Data, and Analytics
Integration: A comprehensive and integrated portfolio that enables seamless transition from innovation to scale leveraging SAP Cloud Platform
Simplification: Modular capabilities that can be bought and consumed easily and that are easy to integrate with SAP and non-SAP systems.
Services: Design Thinking and prototyping across the portfolio to bring innovative thinking to life and accelerate customer buying cycles.
Provide thought leadership, strategic solution advice, and expert consultation to support customer co-innovation, enterprise transformation, and business process performance improvement programs. Evangelize and foster the culture of digital innovation both externally with our customers (to ADOPT) as well as internally within SAP (to SELL).
Lead customer engagements to assess strategic objectives, innovation scenarios, key improvement opportunities and other sources of incremental economic value. Lead strategic account planning sessions with customers, facilitate customer visioning workshops, and lead delivery of value focused engagements. Partner with field sales teams to identify revenue opportunities, create account strategies, and execute sales plays.
The group’s primary goal is to drive successful customer engagements and incubate potential lighthouse customers in creating an SAP centric innovation roadmap or point-of-view.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Ensuring Customer Success
Responsible for end-to-end engagement of customer’s innovation journey with SAP, leading with Design Thinking.
• Orchestrate Design Thinking workshops with specific emphasis on the Define/Ideate phases, ensuring outcomes that best leverages SAP solution capabilities
• Analyze latest solution-oriented concepts, trends & technologies related to enterprise data, integration, IoT, Machine Learning, Analytics, Data modelling and other relevant domains and apply to business problems
• Understand customer’s business and technology challenges on a strategic as well as operational level to deliver customer-specific innovation roadmaps
o Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across customer business units as a trusted advisor
o Function as a liaison between the business and IT teams and ensure that business needs are prioritized, understood and supported in a timely manner
• Lead and own engagement-planning and program-planning activities
o Gain in depth understanding of customer business processes, issues, and underlying data available for use or needed through new means (IoT, for example) and formulate a cross business unit view
o Collaborate with key business stakeholders to translate business strategies and objectives into capabilities and present solution concepts for input, buy-in, and sign-off
o Manage issues of the highest complexity and strategic value where analysis of situation and/or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including a holistic understanding of processes
o Conduct analysis to determine the best path for solving business problems and identify opportunities for process improvement, feature enhancement and/or implementing a new solution
• Collaborate across SAP businesses, customer business units and functional groups, third party consultants and partnering vendors to continuously learn and identify opportunities to advance SAP’s strategic goals within the account
o Liaise and work with market unit / regional / global resources to deliver proof-of concepts or prototypes
- Driving Innovation at Scale
Create re-useable artefacts to help speed up future innovation sales cycles. E.g.
• Industry specific innovation roadmaps
• Repeatable use cases
• Packaged prototypes / Proof-of-Concepts
• Reference architectures
• Reference customer stories
- Championing the Innovation Selling Framework
Look for opportunities to optimize processes and frameworks that are followed for delivering solutions to increase productivity and reduce time to market.
• Develop best practices in customer engagements for co-innovation
• Refine/re-define processes to better suit the supply chain of innovation sales
• Drive adoption of framework through sales enablement
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Experience and expertise in delivering Design Thinking workshops with excellent facilitation and influencing skills
• Ability to investigate cross-business processes and envision optimized business models
• Proficient in communicating and driving implementation of information technology solutions that support business objectives
• Able to shift directions quickly when priorities change and anticipate problems to create innovative solutions and deliver against very tight deadlines
• Ability to work effectively and manage partnerships with all areas and members of the business as well as all levels of the organization
• Thought leadership, curiosity of business process and drive to keep pace with the new and emerging trends, technologies, and innovations
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and prioritization skills, strong situational analysis, negotiation and decision-making abilities, effective facilitation, stakeholder interviewing and presentation skills
• Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• English: Fluent, Business Level
• Fluency in the language of local markets required
• 10 years of multi-disciplinary work experience with strong focus on leading customer engagements
• Domains like BI/Analytics, Integration, IoT, Advanced Analytics / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence, Data Monetization and other relevant areas.
• Experience in engaging with senior level executives
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s, MSc, MBA or equivalent degree from an accredited university required
• Deep understanding of SAP Leonardo’s product portfolio and technology stack of SAP Cloud Platform
• High level understanding of SAP on-premise and cloud applications as well as integration capabilities
• Enterprise Architecture certification/experience a plus
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :