General Electric Component Repair Technician (Maintenance) in Singapore, Singapore
At GE Aviation Services, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re setting new standards for performance and reliability with our commercial aircraft engines or delivering superior military power, the GE Aviation Services teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here, you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s integrated avionics systems, the next generation of ecomagination products or advancements in powering the business and general aviation segments, we have the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in delivering innovations that will impact the world for generations to come.
You will perform preventive and corrective maintenance, installation, fabrication, troubleshooting, analysis of computer systems, and calibration (not controlled by QA) of plant equipment and facilities. Area of responsibility will cover trades in electrical and mechanical installation, electronics, computers, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipefitting, machining, welding, etc.
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance, installation, fabrication and calibration (not controlled by QA) of plant equipment and support facilities.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and modify plant equipment, instruments, microprocessor and measuring facilities
• Institute judgment to improvise installation or diagnostic methods when original operation manuals or technical literature are not available or inapplicable
• Establish and maintain calibration systems to effectively control performance of various instruments and controllers
• Maintain documentation where necessary of completed assignments for tractability
• Establish stock level requirement for existing and new equipment
• Work independently from prints, sketches, technical literature and other instructions.
• Provide hands-on training guidance to lower skilled technicians
• Exercise extreme caution to protect one-self and co-workers from accidents when working under hazardous conditions such as heights, enclosed compartments, live wires or devices, flammable or explosive atmosphere, suspended heavy machinery, power tools, etc.
• Constantly check working environment for compliance with applicable EHS requirements. Thoroughly check out completed jobs before handling over to end user to assure that the facility is electrically and mechanically safe. Ensure that appropriate PPE are used wherever necessary
• Adhere to all applicable EHS rules and regulations and employee’s EHS responsibilities as per EHS OP 283.00
• Perform scheduled maintenance & housekeeping tasks
• Minimum Higher NITEC/NTC2 (electrical, electronic, mechanical or mechatronics) with 2 years’ relevant experience or equivalent; or
• Preferably ITC (electrical, electronic, mechanical or mechatronics); or
• Diploma (electrical, electronic, mechanical or mechatronics)
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Versatile in electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering
• Ability to drive forklift
• PC knowledge, hydraulics, pneumatics, welding and workshop skills
• A team player
Locations: Singapore; Singapore