Honeywell Connected Services Business Development Manager in Singapore, Singapore
Connected Services Business Development Manager
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
* Position Purpose/Summary *
The Key Account Manager will lead the overall long term strategy and relationship of HBS within the territory-assigned account portfolio in order to maximize the financial results with those accounts. The role will act as a business partner to assigned accounts and be responsible for account and relationship expansion across the customer portfolio so as to deliver new opportunities for Honeywell. The role is focused on understanding the customer’s business, drivers, and organization, and an understanding of the value that HBS brings to the customer to drive incremental and additive business for Honeywell.
Key Account Managers will be expected to build high and wide relationships, establish a defensible barrier to competitors, maximizing the business potential of customers, and ensure they are ‘future ready’ by dissemination of key messages, technologies, and information pertaining to the value HBS brings at all levels of the customer’s organization. A pivotal requirement of the Key Account Manager role is to drive customer competitive migration across the portfolio - incorporating third party offerings and systems into the Honeywell base, as is finding novel ways to apply Honeywell technology to customer business drivers and offerings, across their customer base, markets and audiences.
* Key Accountabilities / Deliverables of the role *
* Customers: *
- Understand the customer’s industry drivers, business objectives, and organisation so that effective growth / maintain / manage strategies are developed which will underpin the value that Honeywell brings to the customer to drive to real business outcomes.
- Develop, own and lead the deployment of growth / maintain / manage strategies for the territory-assigned account portfolio.
- Develop and sustain long term customer relationships, establishing these relationships while engaging customers at all levels of the customer organisation including senior C-level executives
- Drive early engagement in the customer buying process - diagnosing customers’ needs and tailoring solutions to match while networking within the customer account and industry.
- Champion the customer needs and requirements within the Honeywell organization and work closely with the Management Team, to ensure 100 percent customer satisfaction
- Actively utilizes the customer surveying solutions made available by the business.
- Define strategies to expand multi-site, multi-service offerings by understanding the key influencers in the customer organisation and their key pain points.
- Seek opportunities for competitive migration
- Sales Excellence:
- Achieve Sales Orders Annual Operating Plan (AOP) targets (Orders, Rev/GM and Profit) while following established pricing policies.
- Manage and maintain a balanced approach to superior customer service and strategic account planning, quarterly results and long term customer goals.
- Identify new sales opportunities and focus on providing consultative support by building value propositions for the customer.
- Manage and build customer contacts, serving as the customer’s ambassador, trusted advisor and advocate.
- Establish oneself as a focal point for relationship strategies, account and sales plans, proposal strategies and contract negotiations.
- Manage all sales related activity through the accurate, timely and detailed use of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools.
- Effective Team Member:
- Collaborate with Honeywell team peers to share and impart knowledge
- Leverage resources to address customer drivers and initiatives in a consultative manner
- Guide and leverage management and executive sponsor interactions with the customer
- Maintain a high degree of awareness of customer’s next best alternatives and communicate competitive challenges to sales management and technology teams. in a timely manner
- Actively embrace the HBS Sales Management Operating System to include one on one’s with the District Sales Leader, team calls, forecasting calls, opportunity reviews, Plan to Make Plan (PtmP) development with timely and accurate updates.
- Responsible for achievement of margin, orders, revenue and plans for the territory-assigned Account portfolio
* Key Success Factors (Key Metrics / KPIs / Deliverables) *
- Growth in the form of new opportunities
- Orders and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan
- Accurate forecasting of orders and growth opportunities
- Territory and new customer opportunity strategy, plans and trusted advisor relationships
Customer specific pursuit plans in place to drive growth and annual customer facing business reviews
25 Provide Market Intelligence
25 Report Business Activities
25 Meet Business Plans
25 Engage with Channel Partners
* Requirements *
- 5- 7 years sales experience selling directly within the building industry
- Proven experience in cross selling and consultative selling with experience in collaborating across both client and own organization to drive a One-Honeywell approach
- Demonstrated experience in customer engagement at senior levels and building long-term strategic and executive relationships.
- Solid understanding of customer financials and the ability to build business case investments.
* Professional Skills / Knowledge *
- Proven experience in selling to senior customer stakeholders
- Proven experience in developing and executing strategies for sales growth
- Track record for establishing and building credibility
- Creative, decisive, high energy and ability to energize others
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to understand the customer needs, negotiate complex sales and articulate total value offerings to customers
- Ability to clearly demonstrate how solutions map to customer needs
- Compelling presentation and communication skills
- Ability to build relationship strategies, account and sales plans, and proposal strategies
- Execute effective negotiation strategies and plans
- Ability to prioritize and focus efforts on best opportunities (short and long term) based on business needs
- Capacity to push self and others to achieve bottom line results
- Show balance and persistence in customer follow-up
- Talent to anticipate future trends accurately, learn quickly and think independently to adapt as required
- Proven ability to secure and finalise the sale
- Demonstrate in-depth industry and market knowledge
- Understand the life cycle value proposition of HBS and its’ offerings
- Demonstrate a well-developed sense of the customers’ business, their drivers, and their organization.Financial and business acumen
- Demonstrate an understanding customers’ decision making processes, buyers, and influences
- Knowledge of HBS processes, commercial terms and contract term
- Basic understanding of Honeywell portfolio across Line of Business, verticals and applications
- Behaviour Competencies
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Job ID: req132650
- Category: Sales
- Location: 17 Changi Business Park Central 1, U01-01/09, #02-01/09, #03-01/09, #04-01/09 & #05-01/05, Singapore, SG 486073 SGP
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.