Expedia Director, Mobile Apps Engagement and Economics in Singapore, Singapore
Director, Mobile Apps Engagement and Economics
Expedia is one of the largest online travel companies in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands. Collectively, the Expedia group brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning and booking travel. The Expedia portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers across a diverse range of tastes and budgets.
Mobile is a key strategic area of growth for Brand Expedia with our native App transactions outpacing industry growth. Do you want to work with a passionate team driving Expedia's fastest growing platform? Would you like to lead a team of mobile marketers and shape our vision moving forward? Do you love being on the cutting edge of new technology? If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Mobile Marketing team as Director of App Engagement and Economics. Reporting to the Global Head of Mobile Apps Marketing, this is a highly visible role leading a team of high performing Mobile experts.
You will use your strong analytical skills and data driven mindset to help deliver Expedia's mobile app flywheel. You will utilize competitive intelligence and supply and demand economics to define our mobile pricing strategy. You will also help define our App value proposition and engagement strategy working with Product to ensure Expedia's app customers visitation continues to grow. You will need excellent leadership, analytical and strategic skills, be able to take on unstructured problems and put forward comprehensive business cases and marketing testing plans to drive the business forward.
Leading applicants will have a real passion for solving customer problems, can use data with ease and have a strategic mindset, not to mention excellent leadership and partnership skills.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Design, lead and implement key global mobile strategic initiatives to drive App growth based on the incremental economic value they deliver
- Define the role of pricing, merchandising and customer service in our App value proposition and partner across the org to build customer-centric road maps for related initiatives
- You are responsible for enabling traffic into our App and work across Marketing, Product and Engineering to achieve this
- You will work with finance and analytics to build business cases and gain consensus on new initiatives
- Ensure clear and consistent communication channels and cadence with internal partners
- Establish meaningful relationships for the benefit of the team to foster alignment and collaboration
- Utilize your experience driving strategy to build comprehensive Mobile playbooks that deliver expected financial outcomes
- Maintain a high attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple, contending priorities simultaneously
- Actively identify and resolve issues that may impair a team's ability to meet strategic and financial goals
- Identify new opportunities to influence and drive our mobile objectives at scale
- Act as a mobile advocate and advisor across the organization to support our mobile strategy
- Excellent critical thinking and strong operating skills
- You understand native app ecosystems and performance leading indicators
- You identify problems, propose solutions and empowers teams to deliver them
- Travel industry or consumer tech experience, highly valued
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable project management and organizational skills
- Self-starter with shown ability to lead in a matrix environment
- Highly numerate: ability to understand & synthesise data
- Natural ability to adapt to multi-cultural nuances
- Strong interpersonal and talent management skills
Your Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Engineering or Business Administration, MBA preferred.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- 10+year's work experience with at least 5 leading high performing teams
- Digital native with in-depth understanding of eCommerce metrics
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. Everyone will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 23 Days Ago
- Full time