Akamai Technologies, Inc. Enterprise Architect (Web SME) in Singapore, Singapore
Enterprise Architect (Web SME)
Apr 12, 2018 Post Date
012734 Requisition #
About the Job:
As an Enterprise Architect at Akamai, you can be a senior level technology leader, part of established and highly talented Akamai Global Consulting Services team. You will work with customers to design and advise on solutions that make the most of the Akamai services, leveraging and learning new technologies. Working closely with Akamai’s presales and delivery teams to introduce advanced solutions and services, you will offer consultancy services to customers, assisting Technical Project Managers and Solution Engineers on integrations and providing industry-leading advice to support Marketing with internal and external events.
About the Team:
Global Consulting Services works with Akamai's key customers to design and advice on solutions that maximize return on investment, reduce risk, and optimize their online initiatives. The team employs some of the foremost Internet and Media experts to solve complex infrastructure, content delivery, and application performance challenges, always with a mind to our customer's business strategy.
• Help customers to meet their business objective and achieve increased value from their investment in Akamai
• Design scalable web infrastructure and troubleshooting web performance related issues
• Perform requirements gathering and write functional specifications for services and workflows
• Define and/or review architectural design documentation
• Provide accurate scope on the design and budget of the proposed solution
• Work with external partners to define solutions for large-scale deployments
• Marshal resources to get things done, orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals
• Show high standards of technical leadership providing subject-matter-expertise for new products to the rest of the organization and actively help develop junior staff through mentorship
• Evangelize Akamai’s solutions and services both internally as well as externally
• Work closely with the account teams to help grow accounts and be the technical expert to help drive the customer’s business strategy
• Travel up to 20-30%
Qualifications - Required
• Established track-record within technology consulting, professional services and/or other customer-facing role focused on delivering technical services
• 8+ years of experience with applied Web Application technologies, knowledge of web servers, application servers, accelerators, and caching devices
• Experience with web performance measurement and web optimization techniques
• Knowledge of the fundamental Internet protocols: BGP, CDN, TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, FTP, DNS
• Excellent technical aptitude and a desire to learn constantly
• Ability to operate independently and apply strategic thinking
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present technical and business-related subjects to all audiences
• BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Fluency in English, both oral and written. Fluency in Mandarin is a plus.
• Content Delivery Network experience
• Experience in operating web- and cloud-based systems
• Knowledge of ecommerce, online marketing, content management systems, content publishing systems, Web analytics and Internet security
• Ability to work on large projects, problem solve, make quick decisions and a passion for excellence
• Capable of independently solving complex technical problems and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences in a fast-paced team environment
• Good listener and interpersonal savvy, developing client relationships
• Ability to actively participate in conferences and industry forums
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.