Ubisoft Senior Network Programmer in Singapore, Singapore
Ubisoft Singapore opened its doors on July 2008 as Ubisoft’s 18th internal development studio. Located in Solaris (a state-of-the-art Infocomm Technology and Media hub), Ubisoft Singapore is recognized today as one of Asia’s premier game development studios. It now employs a multi-national team of 300 highly talented employees that comprise of a core team of Ubisoft veterans as well as a fast growing development team ranging from recent graduates to industry professionals. We aspire on being one of the top best places to work for in SEA.
Ubisoft Singapore pioneered the development of naval battle gameplay and water technology – elements first introduced in Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed IV® Black Flag™ which have since become a staple feature in the Assassin’s Creed® franchise. Ubisoft Singapore is currently hard at work as the lead studio for an unannounced project on console and PC.
To learn more about Ubisoft Singapore, please visit www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/singapore.aspx.
- Role Summary*
The network programmer develops the game’s low level network features, the multiplayer engine and optimize the performance.
· Design, implement and maintain network solutions to keep players synchronized while mitigating risk of cheating and griefing.
· Identify potential issues within the code, raise flags and propose solutions.
· Seek out and correct the network bugs identified by people from other teams and the quality control team;
· Program in a clear and structured way, taking performance, maintenance, and compatibility requirements into account;
· Validate and verify whether the newly developed network systems meet the specific requirements of the project and are coherent with the existing code. Optimize if necessary;
· Support the functionalities and network systems designed for production;
· Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organizing and planning their own work; and
· Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and ensure that users (from other teams) understand how to use the new network systems and functionalities.
· At least 5 years’ experience in video game development;
· Strong C/C++ programming skills;
· Excellent debugging skills in a multiplayer environment;
· Familiar with multiplayer concepts like Prediction, Replication, Bandwidth and Session management.
· Experience with Online services integration (matchmaking, leaderboards, etc…)
· Attention to detail;
· Good communication and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to adapt to change;
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
/To all recruitment agencies:// //Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/