General Electric Sr Staff Solution Architect in Singapore, Singapore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In this strategic technical pre-sales position, the Sr Staff Solution Architect will establish a trusted advisor relationship with both our external customers and internal technical teams. You will collaborate with internal corporate development teams, pre-sales technical teams and commercial sales teams in the business unit they are supporting to help drive sales of ServiceMax from GE Digital.
In this role, you will:
• Establish a deep understanding of our customers’ business and technical needs
• Create a “trusted technical advisor” relationship with our customer’s technologists and internal technical teammates
• Develop solution architecture framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level. Help to provide vision, define system and application architecture, problem anticipation and problem solving ability across the landscape
• Lead change across large platforms / functional areas using technology solutions
• Provide deep sw / hw technical architecture expertise to ensure proper solution design
• Interface with all Pre-Sales Solutions Architects globally (and build a community) to train, mentor, guide through new solution architecture framework
• Provide SWAT coverage for key customer facing events, particularly C level discussions
• Interface with COE CTOs to ensure alignment to sales process and priorities
• Evangelize GE technology platform in appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued interest
• Build link to provocative selling model to ensure architecture views are properly integrated
• Develop evolution path and migration plans for key GE customers from their current state to the target GE Digital Strategy by deploying Predictivity Solutions in concert with other GE Products & Services
• Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic initiatives across broad scope/platform(s) in liaison with key stakeholders
• Mentor, train and lead technical pre-sales teammates located in the supporting business unit
• Strong voice for our customers, bringing technical and business requirements back to our development teams helping ensure our solutions continue to meet our customer’s needs
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline
• 5+ years of software industry technical experience
• 2+ years in commercial services or software experience
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
• Legal authorization to work in Singapore is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
• Must be willing to travel up to 50%
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Singapore
• Deep understanding of the technology stack
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels
• Innovated thinker who is able to blend technology and business strategy to develop compelling solution proposals
• Prescriptive in recommending solution architectures and implementation approach to enhance delivery of solution mapping of the GE software portfolio
• Expert in software solution and integration approaches
• Able to solve complex problems and develop innovated solutions to meet customer’s needs
• Able to consult customer on alignment of outcomes and desired technical solutions at a global enterprise level; Analyzes, designs, and develops a software solution roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state of the business.
• Communicates the importance of understanding customer's business strategies to become an advocate for profitability on behalf of the customer
• Proven ability to articulate value to business and technical LOB stakeholders
• Creates meaningful stories and combines ideas in unique ways and makes connections between disparate ideas.; Communicates functional strategy and roadmap with sufficient detail for teams to utilize; Describes functional area information to leaders.
• Utilizes customer’s feedback or current top objectives to form a comprehensive understanding of the customers’ needs; Communicates multiple reference stories or trends with supporting data. Demonstrates effective time management in preparation for conversations/ discovery process;
• Develops customer relationships and ensures knowledge of GE’s capabilities are understood; identifies the challenges faced by their customers; presents in a manner that conveys expertise and intuition; Demonstrates strong listening skills; Quickly provides answers to customer inquiries when information regarding the customers’ business may not be available.
• Uncovers and articulates critical success factors necessary for the customer to acquire, implement, and utilize a solution; Assists customer in identifying shortcomings, even when they could delay a commercial decision; Utilizes GE experts to propose creative ways for the customer to master the critical success factors; Articulates a roadmap that provides a high likelihood of the customer realizing expected business benefits and other key stakeholders achieving desired personal success
Locations: Singapore; Singapore