Visa Staff Software Engineer in Singapore, Singapore
The Staff Software Engineer would be a part of a high performance global team responsible for the delivery of features in the Resolve Online program. The candidate would be accountable for analyzing, design, code and unit testing core modules of the Visa Resolve Online application and work with a global team of developers, SMEs and architects.
As a key member of the delivery execution team, candidate would need to create scalable designs, write maintainable code, reusable components/services/utilities, and test cases. Qualifications include good organizational skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, good time management skills, ability to work independently, and effectively communicate with team members. The candidate must be capable of working in all phases of the application system development life-cycle.
The successful candidate will become a recognized Subject Matter Expert within Visa, responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of dispute processing capabilities for Visa Resolve Online application.
Your main role would be to carry out Report development using Jasper Reports & analyzing/refactoring/tuning SQLs, understanding business requirements/domain and providing solutions using Jasper reports and creating the technical documentations.
Explore and devise effective solutions and architecture, develop code, tests and maintain code for Resolve online application releases
Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members including vendor partner teams and participate in scoping and sizing activities
Understand and enhance coding guidelines and participate in code review processes
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or other technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
• Experience in developing and supporting business applications for large corporations with experience in both batch and online reporting systems
• Experience in designing and implementing Reporting solutions platforms will be a plus.
• Strong PL/SQL and SQL skills; Experience with DB2 preferred
• Knowledge of Unix and shell scripting
• Experience with any ETL/data warehousing tools would be a plus
• Experience of creating Reporting solution front-ends with Java/JSP is a plus
• In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle required
• Development experience in a cross-platform, multi-tier environment
• Ability to develop code that follows established coding guidelines
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way
• Knowledge of Visa applications a plus
• Service excellence and innovation; create opportunities; consistently think and act 'ahead of the curve’
Our ideal candidate will:
• Possess strong computer science credentials as well as a track record of building quality services
• Be equally passionate about technology and solving large-scale complex business problems.
• Be a continuous learner who is pro-active in their drive to improve their technical skill and knowledge
• Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar
• Have expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile and collaborative team environment.