UBS Financial Services UNIX System Administrator in Singapore, Singapore
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? We’re looking for someone like that to:
provide global production support for the Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux distributed infrastructure while on shift
address incidents picked up by the monitoring systems alerting on global Unix & Linux infrastructure within a timely manner
resolve problem tickets allocated to team on central management tools (e.g. SNOW)
implement requests for service as generated in manual and automated ticketing systems (e.g. SNOW, etc)
regular verbal and written communication with business partners and other support teams to clarify details of incidents or service requests to maintain production stability and meet established SLA’s
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be a member of 24X7 Operational support group supporting Global Unix environment within the bank. ensuring the quality, stability of the Unix/Linux environment and supporting business managers in planning IT project requirements.
Your experience and skills:
• University degree with minimum 5+ years' experience in supporting UNIX based distributed computing environment with a large number of systems (200+)
• Ability to distil work into discreet packages for execution by other team members
• Independent problem solving skills and effective time management
• Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly and completely
• A solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system, preferable Solaris 8/10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Good written and spoken English, able to communicate in English with remote teams whose first language is not English
• Strong analytical and logical skills
• Team work, ability to contribute to and work in a team, as well as at times step up and lead a number of people when handling problems or incidents
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 167097BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: UNIX System Administrator
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Singapore
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)