Visa Vice President, Consumer Brand Marketing, Asia Pacific in Singapore, Singapore
This role reports into the SVP, Head of Marketing for Asia Pacific and works closely alongside the Head of Measurement and Insights and the Head of Client Marketing (for merchants and banks). The role will require building and maintaining strong relationships with the rest of the Asia Pacific leadership teams – at the Asia Pacific executive business level and at the Asia Pacific functional marketing level – as well as with the Global Marketing teams in San Francisco to address high-level marketing opportunities with thoughtfulness, rigor and entrepreneurship.
The VP, Consumer Brand Marketing in Asia Pacific needs to be an exceptional people leader focused on building and inspiring teams, with passion and compassion and exceptional change management skills to drive team transformation in an environment of rapid industry change. The person needs to be capable of adapting to growth and change and to lead a team of highly experienced marketing professionals to deliver results aligned to the organization’s business plans and priorities.
The role is in charge of defining the strategic direction for the Visa brand in Asia and deploy successful direct to consumer marketing programs across the entire brand funnel and media ecosystem. This role will lead the charge for a data-centric marketing approach with an increased awareness of marketing technologies (martech), modular dynamic creative, integration of data sciences and new media approaches and innovations (AI, blockchain, AR, VR). The job calls for a new generation leader able to lead with art (drive excellence in creativity) and science (data and digital).
• Serve as the brand & marketing steward, ensuring our brand is always presented in alignment with brand vision and purpose
• Inspire, lead and guide creative data-driven, multi-channel marketing & communication strategies in ways that resonate with our target audiences and achieve desired results
• Lead specialists through a transformation agenda whilst being aware of key internal stakeholders across the Asia Pacific region and globally. eg. Regional Heads of Marketing
• Significant influence and leadership of the budget including contact negotiation and fee oversight with agencies
• Raise the bar on our digital & media roadmap via a strong data signal led approach across our AP markets, with a focus on innovative marketing initiatives that are relevant, disruptive and actionable
• Develop programs that integrate B2C and B2B approaches
• Evolve our sponsorship activations to 360° experiential marketing programs with strong focus on client and merchant activations
• Foster, manage and guide all marketing agency relationships with inspiration, respect and mutual passion
• Develop a strong team of marketing leaders via talent growth and career development plans
• Manage the development, and timely on-forecast implementation of integrated marketing plans for AP Consumer & Brand Marketing, to support the agreed marketing strategies and achievement of business and brand objectives
• Ensure full alignment with audit and compliance requirements
Proven people leader with change management skills, comfortable driving a transformation agenda, bringing people along
Highly collaborative, great listener, able to work in matrix organizations and comfortable with ambiguity
- Operate as a thought leader and visionary, with the ability to guide, influence and inspire peak performance across the marketing function and driving brand and creative vision from Asian teams to global
Understanding of advanced data-led techniques and new martech
Proactive thinking and desire to take risks to test and learn
Strong consultative skills to establish relationships across the broader organization; be viewed as a key contributor to Visa strategy and execution of Visa’s vision
Ability to build consensus and influence a broad set of constituencies
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both functional and regional leaders, with a strong understanding of data requirements and marketing capabilities
• Demonstrable experience in leadership across a matrix organization, and a true passion for the business
• Experience and record of success in senior marketing roles, management in fast-paced environment
• Recognized as a thought leader in the industry
• Technology focussed with the ability to harness measurable campaign impact, analytics and customer experience
• MBA preferred
• Experience working across geographies and culture
• Track record of working and leading teams in Asia
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.