Google Business Development Manager, Rich Communications Services (English) in Singapore
As a member of the New Business Development team, you develop new product initiatives with our Product, Engineering, Marketing and Partnerships teams. You're a true thought leader who can find, digest and share industry trends and key influencers. You open doors with potential partners, chat with them about their businesses and present these opportunities to our senior leaders. In doing so, you help discover and shape some of Google's boldest ventures.
Messaging holds a central place in our lives, whether it’s coordinating a meet-up, sharing photos with friends, or sending thoughts to a loved one. RCS (Rich Communications Services) messaging is designed to upgrade mobile networks beyond texting (SMS), while enabling users to natively use features they have come to love through OTT apps such as sharing high-resolution photos and larger files, chat with a group, know when messages are read, or make video calls. Google is working with the largest mobile Carriers in the world to provide both an awesome Android client, and SMS scalability through these partnerships. However, RCS brings an added dimension of complexity to this, having not only to serve mobile messaging users but also Mobile Carriers and OEMs as they are key industry partners.
The RCS team develops and manages key industry partner relationships with mobile carriers and aggregators. As a Business Development Manager, you will work directly with mobile aggregators to present our platform. You'll also work with aggregators to deliver RCS A2P messages to their users.
At Google, we set ourselves goals we know we can't reach yet. Our New Business Development team works on game-changing ideas, from technological experiments to the expansion of existing businesses into new territories. We're a team of technologists, entrepreneurs and leaders with an eye for what's next, working across Google to develop products and ideas that revolutionize the way people connect with information.
- Manage and develop partnerships with aggregators, bot providers, developers and application providers for RCS Business Messaging.
- Lead the consultation and execution of term sheets/agreements with aggregators throughout Asia. Communicate effectively with English speaking clients.
- Help in onboard agregators and their campaigns to launch brands.
- Work with leaders and operating teams internally across Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, UX, Legal, Finance, and Partnerships for related product areas.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience partnering and/or working with carriers/aggregators.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
- Experience in partner development and management in the telecoms sector.
- Knowledge of communications technologies, products and services such as: device and device architecture, messaging and voice technologies, IMS, wireless networks or communications platforms.
- Demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration.
- Comfortability discussing complex agreements with mobile operators.
- Independent thinker, self-motivated and self-directed able to quickly learn new areas. Effective commercial and technical acumen with analytical and communications skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.