Google Google People Services, Immigration Specialist in Singapore
The Google People Services, Operations function is the services and program management group within People Operations that makes HR stuff easy and intuitive for Googlers. Our global team optimizes people processes, from problem definition to execution. We partner with teams across People Operations and in engineering to bring innovation and technology to the way we attract, retain and grow Googlers worldwide. We focus on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Googlers, and work in Google’s fast-paced environment to deliver 100+ operational services, manage the contingent workforce and implement HR programs across 70+ countries. Regardless of location or level of experience, members of the Operations team have the opportunity to create, develop and implement some of the most complex global operations around the world.
The Google People Services, Operations (GPS Ops) function is a services and program management group, that makes HR easy and intuitive for Googlers. Our focus is on creating magical HR experiences for past, present and future Googlers working in Google’s fast-paced environment and overseeing the end-to-end global delivery of 100+ operational HR services, contingent workforce and HR programs (from problem definition, solution design through to execution). We partner with teams across Google HR (People Operations), engineering and external partners to bring innovation and technology to the way we attract, retain and grow Googlers worldwide.
The Global Mobility team plays a role of a key partner for the talent supply chain and hiring at Google. In this role, you will work closely with the Regional Immigration Program Manager and our Immigrations vendor partner, advising on specific immigration issues, and supporting the immigration process in APAC. You will be part of a fast-paced, user-focused and global mobility team that leverages company philosophy, technology and your industry expertise to ensure a superb experience for Googlers and our partners.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Deliver seamless, high touch mobility support to external hires and relocating Googlers to ensure a smooth Onboarding at Google. This includes monitoring case work, further immigration projects, exception and escalation management
- Partner with the Regional Immigration Manager and Google’s designated immigration partner, to ensure operational efficiency and timely delivery of services; participate in cross-group collaboration with other teams involved in the mobility process
- Analyze day to day immigration matters and effectively communicate solutions to internal clients in collaboration with outside immigration counsel
- Define, collect and analyse user feedback and process metrics. Use insights gathered to scale existing processes for growing and/or changing user needs
- Create and maintain policy and process documentation and internal facing support resources. Develop training materials and deliver training as needed for local stakeholders/ key partners
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience in employment based immigration.
- Experience in customer/user service delivery in large scale environments.
- Experience driving user-focused improvements, navigating/influencing cross-functional teams to drive change and analysing data/trends.
- Demonstrated strong immigration know-how (knowledge of the APAC landscape) and experience in Immigration case management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an ambiguous environment. High level of creativity, perseverance and openness to change.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills ; demonstrated attention to detail with time-management and multitasking skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.