Google Operations Specialist, Google People Services (English, Mandarin) in Singapore
The Google People Services, Operations function is the services and program management group within People Operations that makes HR stuff easy and intuitive for Googlers. Our global team optimizes people processes, from problem definition to execution. We partner with teams across People Operations and in engineering to bring innovation and technology to the way we attract, retain and grow Googlers worldwide. We focus on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Googlers, and work in Google’s fast-paced environment to deliver 100+ operational services, manage the contingent workforce and implement HR programs across 70+ countries. Regardless of location or level of experience, members of the Operations team have the opportunity to create, develop and implement some of the most complex global operations around the world.
As an Operations Specialist, you will manage one or more Google People Services processes and will be responsible for operating it reliably, and driving continuous improvements. You will perform core work (solving for Googler/Candidate inquiries, data management and reporting, data audits, etc), problem solve for special cases, manage initiatives to improve and roll out new and existing processes/programs.
Your role may include management of other stakeholders such as vendors or other program partners. This position provides an excellent opportunity to get a broad overview of People Operations at Google. You will have the opportunity to learn about a variety of People Operations processes and to interact with stakeholders in different teams within APAC and globally. In addition, you will acquire skills in the areas of project/program management, process improvement, metrics and measurements and vendor management.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Manage Google People Services processes and assume responsibility for operating reliably, and for continuous improvements. Communicate effectively with English and Mandarin speaking clients.
- Define, collect and analyze process metrics. Use insights gathered to scale existing processes for growing and/or changing user needs.
- Provide counsel/support to employees and partners, solve their HR queries and ensure a magical customer experience.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders to develop seamless operational processes to further Google's People Operations guidelines/policies.
- Create and maintain process documentation for all your processes, training colleagues where required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in customer/user service delivery in large scale environments, process design, driving improvements and managing ongoing relationships with partners.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Mandarin fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience driving user-focused improvements, navigating/influencing cross-functional teams to drive change and analyzing data/trends.
- High level of flexibility, perseverance and openness to change.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with time-management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an ambiguous environment.
- Excellent relationship management skills, welcoming and helpful. Strong communication and influencing skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.