Dell Product Development Manager, Displays (Commercial) in Singapore
The position is responsible for product design and development activities associated with flat panel monitors from product definition and planning through production, release and end of life. Serve as the central resource for all aspects of the engineering solution, which can include: boards, mechanical, power, firmware, solution SW, test, documentation development, ODMs, and vendors. Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line.
• Responsible for managing the technology lifecycle of new products, features or enhancements from conceptualization, requirements gathering, product specification, implementation review and release.
• Evaluates technical options and represents business requirements to the engineering organization through responses to the market requirement documents and detailed functional specifications.
• Acts as primary point of contact and coordinates Development and Test resources to successfully release new products on time and within budget.
• Consolidates all of the engineering specifications for RFQ.
• Provides the engineering response to the market requirements document by interlocking with all of the affected engineering teams.
• Develops the engineering schedule and prototype build plan in coordination with the engineering extended teams and Core Team.
• Coordinates the engineering extended teams to develop the product(s) on schedule with excellent quality and low cost.
• Work closely and guides the activities of the ODM for the product. Understand supplier’s technology and product roadmaps.
• Drives the initial triage, debug, and resolution of engineering defects.
• Works directly with program manager, marketing, service, operations, quality, and finance to bring the product(s) to market.
• Drives engineering solutions to field quality issues.
• Coordinates validation of new key components for production products.
• Supports and responds to requests for production product enhancements.
Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Computer Science with at least 8 years of product development experience in the IT industry.
Candidates with prior experience in LCD panel/monitor/TV development will have advantage.
Specialized display development experience e.g. medical, automotive also acceptable
Knowledge in key display interfaces such as LVDS, eDP, DisplayPort, HDMI
Knowledge in key component technologies such scalar, USB
Knowledge in key wireless technologies such as WiFi, WiGig, BT, NFC.
Knowledge in OS, drivers, interfaces, and PC technology trends such as touch technology
Knowledge in design for quality for high volume products.
Possesses knowledge, skills and abilities to resolve most engineering related issues.
Able to operate in a global environment under minimal direction.