RELX Group Product Manager in Singapore
Commercial Product Manager
Accuity offers a suite of innovative solutions for payments and compliance professionals, from comprehensive data and software that manage risk and compliance, to flexible tools that optimize payments pathways. With deep expertise and industry-leading data-enabled solutions from the Fircosoft, Bankers Almanac and NRS brands, our portfolio delivers protection for individual and organizational reputations. Part of The RELX Group, one of the world’s leading business information and data providers, Accuity has been delivering solutions to banks and businesses worldwide for 180 years.
A critical function at Accuity, Innovation is embedded in to the heart of the organisation. In a fast moving market, its mission is to understand, test and validate how our customers’ needs are changing, and along with the product teams, define paths to delivery.
The Commercial Product Manager is new role, with responsibility to source, prospect, and secure opportunities for collaboration with organisations both large and small. Working as part of a lean agile team, you will also be able to be an integral part of the initial stages of product discovery, building out given concepts such that the Accuity Product Portfolio has a clear grasp on the opportunity and paths to delivery.
Market& Client Requirements - Financial regulation is constantly changing, as are the approaches adopted by our clients to address them.
Identifypotential new opportunities in the market place; create case forexploration.As well as marketanalysis, source intelligence from across internal stakeholders, customersand industry contacts.
Identifypotential partnership opportunities with customers or new technologycompanies.
Working in an autonomous team, explore customerhypotheses for given opportunity.This can include both technical and commercial exploration.Ensuring findings are fed back clearlywith a view to maximising ROI.
ProductDiscovery – Customer needs and problems are also continuously changing. This role is responsible for going through the customer validation and product discovery process.
Expandinghypotheses into assumptions and proving the value offering throughexperimentation and customer validation
Workingwith the team to draft, design and present prototype solutions to customerand verify product-market fit
Validateprototypes with existing or new customers working in collaboration withSales teams as needed.Communicatefindings to wider business, assisting in definition required forproduction delivery process.
Recommendgo-to-market routes and commercial opportunities to be explored by theAccuity Product Portfolio
SubjectMatter Expertise - The area of Financial Risk and Compliance is complex and changing. This role is to be seen as the Subject Matter Expert, allowing internal teams and clients alike to benefit from this insight.
Emphasison staying on top of market trends and communicating across widerbusiness.
RepresentAccuity as a thought leader at customer briefings and industryconferences.
Key Skills Required:
· A creative problem solver. Self-motivated and enthusiastic. Results driven.
· Highly effective communicator, both written and verbal, across a range of differing stakeholders.
· Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the changing market, of our customers and of our company
· Excellent networking skills and ability to self-generate new business opportunities
· Possesses a resilient personality and reacts well under pressure.
· High emotional intelligence. Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to operate with tact and diplomacy to achieve a desired outcome. Able to gain commitment and confidence from teams who are not direct reports.
· Strong analytical capabilities in order to condense large volumes of information into the actionable insight
· Able to manage complexity and ambiguity.
· Well organised, with the ability to prioritise workload and use time affectively.
· Ability to handle changing requirements and unforeseen problems rapidly, positively and calmly.
· Strong relationship and people management capabilities; comfortable with collective decision making.
· Ability to drive an opportunity from ambiguous concept to real-world impact.
· Experience in the Software industry in a business development function desirable.
· Experience within the area of financial services regulation and compliance desirable.
· Exposure to product management practices within a B2B environment desirable.
· Experience within the area of data and analytics products desirable.
· Experience with experimental and/or data driven decision making processes desirable.
So who are RBI and Accuity?
As one interviewee put it we’re “the biggest company you’ve never heard of”! To be more specific we’re a global online media and information business cited amongst the world’s top-100 ‘online superpowers’. We have an international portfolio of market leading products that spans Western Europe, North America, China, Singapore, Australia and beyond; we’re also part of the FTSE100 Reed Elsevier Group, a global media and publishing group with a history spanning over 100 years and revenues in the region of $10bn.
Accuity offers a suite of innovative solutions for payments and compliance professionals, from comprehensive data and software that manage risk and compliance, to flexible tools that optimize payments pathways. With deep expertise and industry-leading data-enabled solutions from the Fircosoft, Bankers Almanac and NRS brands, our portfolio delivers protection for individual and organizational reputations.
Accuity sits within the RBI portfolio and is currently our leading brand with more than 700 staff and $200m revenue. Accuity is a fast-growing, technology-lead, and highly innovative business with a passion for excellence and hiring the best talent available.
And what about your career?
Career development is a big thing for us and we take our PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously; we want you to learn and progress quickly in the direction you want to go and we will provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace. The great thing about us career-wise is that we’re a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions, vertically through the business, across different brands, and across different functions (if you’re looking for a change). We’re also an increasingly international business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.