Google Safe Browsing Analyst (Multiple languages) in Singapore
Google's brand is only as strong as our users' trust--and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what's best for them. Our Trust and Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google's users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user's point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
At Google Safe Browsing, we help people every week protect themselves from harm by showing warnings to users when they attempt to navigate to websites that would steal their personal information or install software designed to take over their computers. On the Safe Browsing Operations team, you will become an expert in the workings of malware, phishing and unwanted software campaigns, and you will help us detect and prevent these abuse types at scale.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google's integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The Trust and Safety team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google's expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry-wide solutions. Trust and Safety team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.
- Conduct investigations to identify harmful content, enforce product policies, examine distribution trends and identify vulnerabilities.
- Grow and influence tools or automation systems by influencing key stakeholders with data and analyses.
- Enhance operational workflows via process improvements and automation.
- Communicate effectively with English, Indonesian, Thai, Vietnamese and Chinese speaking clients.
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or Accounting or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience querying medium sized data sets.
- Ability to speak in English, and either Indonesian, Thai, Vietnamese or Chinese fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience with web security research; in mobile ecosystem, fraud investigation, fraud risk management, internet advertising or e-commerce.
- Demonstrated understanding of how the internet works economically, socially and technically.
- Demonstrated ability to identify workflow issues and optimize or scale processes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.