Google Scaled Customer Engineer, Google Cloud in Singapore
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As businesses start their journey with Google Cloud, we are spreading the power of cloud computing globally, and you will be there to shape and execute technical business strategies, acting as a trusted advisor to our clients and helping them to realize the maximum business value in choosing Google Cloud. You'll assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers, while also liaising with the Product Marketing management and Engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and to devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work hand-in-hand with Account Executives to explore opportunities from the technical perspective and collaboratively develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments and scoping out migration workloads.
- Manage technical aspects of solutions to manage product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments for Google Cloud products.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging to highlight Google Cloud value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution, providing best practice advice to customers on optimizing Google Cloud effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in technical sales engineering, system engineering or customer-facing function in a cloud computing environment .
- Experience in web application development and integration.
- Experience with and understanding of web/internet technologies, solution architecture within web and mobile environments, and architecture across SAAS, PAAS and IAAS and competitive cloud productivity suites.
- Ability to speak and write in Mandarin, Bahasa (Indonesian) or Thai fluently and idiomatically.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platforms, solutions, and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML).
- Understanding of DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ, Load Balancing, VPN, and VPC.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.